* Graham * bemethavinci The file standard_blog.twig is the default unaltered twig file
the twig selector uses it as default that is the one to customize
the others are a backup default twig and the bootstrap one
as for CSS you can create your own css file and add a link in the _headtags
2017-04-14 13:17 (edited 2017-04-14 13:24 by Graham ) · (0)
* bemethavinci * Graham what do you mean by this...

Comment Panel *** You must replace this with the code from
htmlcommentbox.com yourself as it uses your google
login and contains codes to identify the owner of the
comment box if you do not replace it you will not be able
to moderate comments ***

and this

Post Panel Top Post heading Post content goes here
Remember to set the title and description from the
building tool page options Post footer...how do i remove them and at the main post page the kind of showing me a post page intend of the post title and the content...its kind of scattered
2017-04-14 15:21 · (0)
* bemethavinci * Graham its just some how....
2017-04-14 15:22 · (0)
* Graham * bemethavinci
You put everything in the wrong place plus your image code was broken

The template has pre defined containers for the post heading the main body of the post and the footer of the post,
Open the file in the building tool then click on 'row' then 'post panel'
then you have the heading body and footer containers thats where the content goes
I put the heading in the post heading container fixed the image code and added the main text to the post body
you need to set the page title and description meta tags from the page options

As for the other it says what it means if you don't get your own comment code you can't moderate the comments
open the /includes/comments panel and the code for the comment box is in the 'panel body' the one you need to get your own version from htmlcommentbox is in the second code block I took the warning text out
2017-04-14 16:06 (edited 2017-04-14 16:23 by Graham ) · (0)
* bemethavinci * Graham waw...thats huge...and a big work for you sir graham...but i will think of my own way of customise the blog my self using the xtblog and xtfile list and then design it using bootstrap on the xtgem_template.css...dont say its impossible because nothinq is impossible to do...just belleve me...so what are your suggestions?...
2017-04-14 16:43 · (0)
* bemethavinci * Graham good day sir qraham...please how do i change the structure of the main page of my site...to show me the title and description of my posts with an image thumbnail not the page post name.
2017-04-16 16:02 · (0)
* Graham * bemethavinci The post page name is the 'title' of the post that is the best way for search engines
I have been testing a 'description' script but you have to create the description manually in a separate file (using the same name as the post page plus a .txt extension) you have to create and add any thumbnails to it yourself using html and the building tools see the test blog on my site http://bootstrap337.xtgem.com/Blog/
and the forum post
Do you want me to add the extra template page and the description script
2017-04-16 16:51 (edited 2017-04-16 16:54 by Graham ) · (0)
* bemethavinci * Graham yes sir...i will be pleased.
2017-04-16 20:08 · (0)
* bemethavinci * bemethavinci Am still confused on how to post in the site...please can you break it down to my understandinq...
2017-04-16 22:32 · (0)
* Graham * bemethavinci It is all there just create a file in the posts folder using the blog post template open the 'row' container and the 'post panel' and then set your content in the 'post body' plus create another file using the description template with a .txt extension and add your text and image after the <br /> tag
Stop worrying about customizing it for now
just use it you can always just delete your mistakes and try again and customize it later
2017-04-17 10:00 · (0)

Online: Guests: 1